CameraMods: slapping on the 105mm Schneider Kreuznach to Instax Wide 300



Okay, I've been thrashing at this camera.

It's gutted of circuitry except for the little on/off circuit board in the grip. I use it to power the development rollers and the ejection cycle.

Ejection is fully manual. You have to stop the motor yourself. But the good news is it's fairly easy to judge when to stop. When the film fully ejects stop the rollers by releasing the shutter. (I've blog on the circuit in the previous post.)

Since then I've been struggling with a nice way to set the infinity focus and cut the right barrel length. Plus I've been working on a decent way of attaching the  lens board to the barrel!

All the messing around has been at the expense of shooting film.

By Sunday, I got sick of it. And slapped on the components I had on hand just to have the pleausre of taking a few shots.

The focal length is still too long. But here's what I took.


Right now, the original lens barrel, somewhat shortened, projects into the wood block.

The hole in the wood block is 2 1/4 inches. The barrel fits a tad lose. I've taped it but woud normally use black felt.

The wood block is kinda of fun. At it's base, I inserted a tripod mount. I was able to use a quick release Cullman plate and bracket to act as a brace to keep the wood block and the camera together.

The lens board hole is 1 1/4".

The overall rig is bulky but still LIGHTER than my 4x5 rig.


I wanted to make a more refined hack. And will soon. But for now, I'm going to load some film and shoot it. Maybe figure out what back focal length is too.

Comments

Popular Posts