Early results from Vito B pinhole


There's lots to explain in these two images.
I used Kodak Gold 200 with the camera as pictured below:


The estimated f stop is 175. The focal length, again estimated, is 52mm.

I believe I have the correct f stop as the exposure on the roof vent shoot is good.
I don't remember if I took notes on that exposure.

But I did take proper notes of my FLASH exposures.
I will do a breakdown of that soon. The important thing to know about that is I played around with times of exposure and the use of multiple flash firings as a way of dealing with inverse square light drop off. The camera's distance from the mirror was two feet, just about, and four feet in total.

As far as initial thoughts, the focus is far softer than I had hoped.

The shoots did not feel pinholey as much as out of focus. I think using a larger format may bring out some of the qualities for which I hoped would come out.

There's lots of potential here but I'm not sure how to get best out of the pinhole yet.

---

And one interior with natural light only:


I did have full notes. The above image is taken with a Vivitar 283 flash set on ISO 25 on the purple setting (the weakest setting, but I'll have to research exactly what that setting means). The EV was 8.1. My chart suggested an exposure of 4 min 4 sec. I made this exposure at 2 min 2 sec.

Anyhow, it worked. My next post will more methodical about the exposures and the contribution of the flash.

Comments

Popular Posts