CameraMods: Lego Instax Mini camera with a Diana F+ instant film back


The Diana F+ cameras were my Father's Day gift from my boys and wife.

Of course what I really wanted was the pair of instant film backs.


Sorry about the dirty nail. I had to use electrical tape, which is gooey and horrible, and (discovery) Renfrew Pro Tape (for hockey sticks and surprisingly it may be light tight and NOT gooey and horrible) to chase down light leaks. Yay, Canadiana.

The under and over exposures I could blame on the slow shutter. But really the fault belongs to the photographer.

But  here is the camera as it stands so far. It's LEGO. It could change into a different configuration or form factor like *that* (finger snap).



It's the same lens that I used on my Instax Wide 300 mod. Obviously, I need more front cell focusing lens and shutters.

I have finished a pack of Monochrome. Have three shots of colour Instax Mini in the camera.

Some results. It's always good to show the bad shots. Just so everyone knows what they're getting into if they try it themselves.





Video of the camera in ACTION to come.

Comments

Popular Posts