Photo adventures on craigslist

Okay. I think I hinted on buyers remorse or guilt a few posts back.

I have become addicted to camera buying and only now am I comfortable admitting it.

Two nights ago, I saw Diary of a Shopaholic and the pangs of recognition hit admittedly. While Sophie Kinsella's creation Becky Bloomwood couldn't resist Prada (and as a fashion journalist, I too can hardly fend off luxury handbags, I just LOVE a woman carrying Prada), I can't resist classic old cameras.

I have a problem. I own more than 32 cameras of varying quality and value.

And I wanted more. And since I've yet to submit my manuscript (I'm writing a book) and receive the rest of my advance, I am dead broke or nearly so. My camera buying days are numbered.

Awful timing because the Vancouver Camera Swap Meet is just around the corner!

So with these two forces acting on me, debt and lack of income, I started selling a few choice cameras.

I've sold the Pentax Spotmatic SP to a very enthusiastic shooter...happily so... (will continue this after dinner)

Comments

Popular Posts