Big find! Olympus Pen FT


Nearly too good to be true.

I had come to the point that I needed a half-frame camera.

I mean NEED. I had a vision of producing images not created by individual frames but continuous images unrolling from a single piece of film.

I had decided the images needed to be produced with the portrait orientation of the half-frame camera. The vertical proportions spoke to me of humanism (the same way that Classical or Renaissance columns do) and even the 3X3 grid found in comic books (especially The Watchmen and lots of Kirby).

I had this idea of vertical figures unspooling from a continuous sheet along a gallery wall...a parade of people. One frame but not one frame like a Chinese figurative scroll painting.

I needed a half-frame. Or so I told myself.

And today, I found it!

Comments

Popular Posts