April 17, 2012

My Grandfather's Farm






He's not well so my entire family, siblings, their spouses and their children converged on the family homestead so we could be together.

While there I was desperate to photodocument a man and a place that I love dearly. It was a grey day but nevertheless it was a beautiful sight to see my twin boys rolling in the flattened, gold grass on the fallow fields.

They visited the pond as I once did as a boy and pondered where the river would take them if they strung a raft together and packed a lunch.

The images are roughly scanned and crudely edited but I think they are good irregardless. Taken on a Konica Autoreflext T4 with a 40mm f1.8 Hexanon. The film was Ilford XP2 400 ASA shot as 160 ASA, as is my habit.

The bottom image is of my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment